Helix based tests are recommended to use in every cycle of the steam sterilizer. It can be used in every cycle regardless wheter the cycle is carrying various loads or load types (plastic, MIC, hollow, plain instruments etc). The Helix is designed in such a way that it forms one of the best monitoring system for the various loads and cycles.
Failures which are picked-up by the BCHT are:
- Sterilization temperature too low
- Sterilization holding time too short
- Insufficient vacuum in depth and in number of vacuum pulses
- Insufficient air removal from hollow devices
- Insufficient steam penetration in hollow devices
- Leakage of piping/valves/door seals
- Detection of presence of small volume inert gases
- Detection of excessive amounts of condensate
The BCHT consists out of the following items:
1 piece of Helix device (Teflon with 1,5 mtr long tube) for 500 cycles, 100 (or 500) pieces of Chemical indicator strips with adhesive on the back, 1 piece of Cotton bag, 1 piece of Direction For Use (DFU) with color change images.