Helix based tests are recommended to use in every cycle of the plasma sterilizer.
Indicator reaches the end-color when reacting to standard amount of VH2O2.
Failures which are picked-up by the BCHT are:
- Sterilization temperature too low
- Sterilization holding time too short
- Sterilization plasma concentration too low
- Insufficient vacuum in depth
- Insufficient air removal from hollow devices
- Insufficient sterilant penetration in hollow devices
- Leakage of piping/valves/door seals
The BCHT consists out of the following items:
1 piece of Helix device (Teflon with 25cm long tube) for 100 cycles, 100 pieces of Chemical indicator strips with adhesive on the back, 1 piece of Direction For Use (DFU) with color change images.